We received our completed home study in the mail on Wednesday, January 28th. We were expecting to wait anywhere from 4 months to 4 years--not 4 days...
Feb 1, 2009 1:58 PM (Super Bowl Sunday)
A and I were standing in the kitchen talking about what to get at the grocery store for our Super Bowl party that we were hosting that night. I got a call from a number that I didn't recognize. When I answered it, the lady on the other end identified herself and said she was with our adoption agency. She told us there was a baby born on Friday night at the hospital whose mother had decided to put up for adoption...and the mother had picked our profile to be the adoptive parents. What?! I mouthed the word "baby" to A as she stood by the sink. "Are you [freaking] kidding me" was her response. I asked for a little time to pray about it and talk it over but we knew this was it! The moment we had been waiting for had arrived, just much sooner than we could ever have anticipated.
After a short prayer asking God to reveal his will to us through this process, we called the lady from the agency back and told her "yes". We agreed to meet her at the hospital at 3:00 so she could introduce us to this little baby. Super Bowl party on hold, we took off for my parents house (who were expecting us to drop by) to give them the exciting news. A called her parents on the way over, who were equally as shocked and excited. When we got to my parents house they were both in the garage, my mom had just let my dad know he had a phone call. We told him to call them back later, we had news... "We have a baby!" I said as all 4 of us exchanged hugs. We rejoiced that God had so quickly provided this child for us, now it was time to meet her...
No comments:
Post a Comment