Monday, March 2, 2009

Busy weekend!

I went to Columbus Ohio all weekend for a continuing ed course that I had signed up for long before we knew about Hope's existence! I figured I'd still go and let my family bond with her. It was on Friday from 12-8pm, Saturday from 8am-6pm and Sunday from 8am-2pm.
Not only did I have other things on my mind, but my lack of sleep was catching up. Before baby, I regularly got 7-9 hours of sleep a night. I know, I was well rested! You have to understand though, I worked 4 11 hour shifts in a physically demanding job. I was tired a lot!
Anyway, I don't think I was the best active learner this weekend. My mom offered to take the night shift one night to let me sleep through the night. It was so great. Even though I'm now a light sleeper and I still woke up when she cried, at least I didn't have to get a bottle ready. I'm so grateful for that night of sleep! H also ended up getting a little cold. Nothing too major, just a snotty nose and she was a little fussy. It could have been way worse.
Now we're back at home. M couldn't come because of school and basketball so we missed him very much. And he missed his girls!
Here are some pictures from the family meeting little H for the first time.....



This is great grandpa and great grandma Rice.













This is great grandpa and great grandma Lett
















H meeting uncle Wade and uncle Jeb for the first time. Uncle Jeb will be having a little girl in July.













H is a good listener. And I tell really good stories.













And finally, H is beautiful! She's getting some baby chubbiness in her thighs arms and tummy. We love it!

1 comment:

tim and kristi said...

a, she is the cutest thing ever!! love, k

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...