Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Trip

Matt and I had our first weekend trip since Hannah arrived! We left Friday and went to Chicago for a Cubs game with some friends. I forgot to charge my camera battery so I have no documentation, but it was so much fun! Friday we met my parents halfway and dropped Hannah off and then picked her up Sunday afternoon.
My parents said that Hannah was well behaved, and continued her wonderful habit of sleeping through the night. 
We have had a few changes in this household lately, of course most of them involving Hannah....
1. Hannah officially and on purpose rolled over at my parents house. And then we got the proof last night several times, then again this morning when I put her on her tummy for nap time.
2. We ordered our stock of cloth diapers and I am very exited for them to come.
3. Hannah is upstairs crying in her crib because she doesn't want to take a nap. The combination of no pacifier and the ability to roll over has now ruined her nap.
4. Yes, we are on day 7 of no pacifier. We pulled the plug. We are reaping several consequences of this including.....
5. Hannah has now decided she HATES food. I think because she doesn't get her fill of sucking with the pacifier, the bottle is now her main source. When I try to feed her food, she throws a *huge* tantrum. 
6. Hannah now thinks she needs to eat every 3 hours instead of the 3.5-4 hr schedule from before. Again, I think that's her oral need for comfort.
For some reason Hannah was up and shouting/screaming at 6am. It is now 8:20 and she won't nap. I guess she can't be an easy baby forever, right?
Wish me luck today. If all Hannah does is scream, I just may pop that pacifier back in. As of now, nothing is comforting that child. You'd think after 7 days she'd be cool with it.

2 comments:

Christina said...

my sympathy for you!!!! why does the pacifier have to be such a bad thing?? it is so awesome at the same time. and ugly.

CJ said...

i know! Hey, Abby, I think I am going to give you a different link to my other blog. I think, I will leave this one behind.

I am not ready to get rid of the pacifier yet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...