Another reason why I am frustrated is because of this separation anxiety (which I know is totally normal) and her immobility, I don't get anything done here. Contrary to what you might think, wives who stay at home do not eat bon bons and get pedicures every day. It is much easier to go to work where at least I know what I'm doing and no one screams at me! Except maybe for Mary (who really just wants a shout out on my blog).
We decided to do cloth diapers, we decided to have two dogs (who need haircuts and toenails clipped and walked and *still* pee in my house), we decided to live in a house that needs work...however I can't get all the things done that those require just during naptimes.
Which has led me to some very exciting news. I'm hiring a cleaning lady. Twice a month I'm going to pay someone else to clean our three bathrooms, dust, and clean my floors. Which leaves me with more freedom to accomplish things during the day. And I know there are weirdos out there who enjoy cleaning. But I HATE it. I do enjoy organzing, painting, picking up things, and other household chores, but it is totally worth it for me to hire someone to clean.
And now, because I will continue to make books out of this blog, and I envision Hannah someday reading this, I want to say that I would NEVER trade having Hannah, and staying home with her for anything in the entire world. Even though she is having trouble with mobility and communicating with me, she is the sweetest little girl who gives me a huge grin the second I make a funny face, blow in her hair or play peekaboo. I love the way she clings to me when I pick her up and how she is going through the phase of wanting to be upside down. She is still our precious Hannah-bear that we praise the Lord for every day.
4 comments:
She may not be mobile much but she is still the cutest thing in town. I'm certain of it. A cleaning lady has changed my life. I also hate, HATE cleaning, and besides hating, I' m just not good at it. I told Mark if I was an alcoholic, you would get me help, and I just have a different problem. But still need help. :) Will be praying for her pt and for you and patience. I think sometimes God answers our prayers for patience with reason to be. An odd juxtaposition of circumstances!
i love to clean but would love to have someone else do it for me. i just dont think someone will dust the toilet paper holder the same way i do :) i am sitting here with the house clean and i just need to vacuum. why does that take so long???
good luck with the walking/crawling. she will get it. seems like separation anxiety kicked in early! yuck!!!
btw, makenna has the same cheetah dress!
I HATE TO clean too! We actually are having a cleaning lady come out tonight an give us a quote on deep cleaning my house. I just can't stand it anymore> My hubby can only do so much!!
HA!! Going to work everyday doesn't mean its any easier. No one may scream at you but there is the stress of your job, commute, the time away from you kid or kids and then you have to find some energy after all that for the evening adn THEN you can rest. Its' hard esecially with 2! :)
Post a Comment