Thursday, August 12, 2010

Two posts in two days!

It's like I have some free time or something! I just had to say a few things. First, I painted Hannah's toenails again, which I think is super cute.
Hannah's new favorite word is "owie". I'm not sure what to make of this because she will cry and say owie then point to something. I hardly ever see anything, except once she did have a cut on her toe. But when I don't see something I always think, is it internal? She keeps pointing to her tummy and saying it. Part of me just keeps thinking I should take her to the doctor to see if there is something internal going on. But another part of me knows that Hannah loves attention and probably loves it when I am concerned. If only she could talk.
Another Hannah story. I changed her diaper when she got up at 8 this morning. Then I went to change it again around 11 and she was dry. So whenever that happens I stick her on the potty. She sits there and looks cute but that's about it. She woke up dry after her nap today so I decided to take off all her clothes and let her run around naked while I was in the kitchen. I though maybe I could catch her going, then I would rush her to the potty. No such luck. I turned around and like a little fire hose she was peeing on the floor which a suprised look on her face. I put her on the potty but I guess she was done. First official potty training attempt....fail. We might try again later.
Now for Olivia. I was holding her today, kissing her chubby cheeks while she squealed with joy and I just had to pray that the Lord would bless us with at least one more.
Also about Olivia, our local Christian radio station WBCL, does something called a stop and spot where they bring coffee and donuts to a local church/school/store from 6-9am. They happened to be down the street yesterday at our church. After my early morning run, I fed Liv and took her to get some Dunkin Donuts coffee. The DJ's (who are famous in my mind!) thought Olivia was so cute and they were asking her story. One of them then asked me if they could interview me! On live radio! Oh no! Of course I said yes and just prayed I wouldn't sound like the complete idiot that just comes naturally to me. I'm not sure how many people were listening at 7:30am but hopefully if even one person contacts our local adoption agency, I would love it! Olivia and I also made their facebook page!


An activity that will actually hold Hannah's attention for longer than 30 seconds, standing on a step stool and emptying out my drawers and then putting everything back.


Look at those sweet toes! Good enough to nibble.



Olivia enjoying the scenery. I actually got some cooking done without a child clinging to me.


She wanted to sit on the potty fully dressed. Maybe we are getting somewhere once she is more comfortable with it. Who knows.


Lastly, I just have to bring up the marathon. This is tough and I'm really tired. It's Sept 18th and I'll say I'm getting excited to have it behind me. I don't know if I'll ever do another one so I'm trying to train hard to get a good time. If it's the only chance I get I want to do it well. I mainly run with my buddy Katie but I had to do an 18 miler by myself last week. That was rough. I'm just going to write my goal down so that I will be extra motivated to reach it. I would like to run a sub 3:40. And beat the other three of my friends who are running with me:)
If any experienced runner has any marathon training/race day tips, please let me know, I need all the help I can get.
Or if anyone has any potty training tips, I will gladly hear those too.

5 comments:

the deKorne family said...

i wish someone would have some potty training tips. i'd like them. i finally got ava done...but having two more looming in front of me makes me nervous. and she took forever. i can't believe you're running a marathon. i seriously can't run up the stairs. and honestly, it's kind of nice to hear someone running one whose not in love with it and addicted. i feel the same thing about my kids and pain-ava's big thing is to say she doesn't feel good she needs medicine, and kaiya says ouch, and then picks a body part. i hope there is never anything wrong that i miss! this is way too long of a comment. cute post. cute kids. praying for your third.

Jacquelyn said...

love olivia's face in the bumbo (in the background) watching hannah in the kitchen. priceless. i think she is learning :)

Abby said...

I need a step stool. That is a really, really good idea...I might actually be able to make dinner!

I haven't even begun thinking about potty training. Kind of just hoping he trains himself...? Ha.

The Moser Fam... said...

Your marathon goal is awesome. Mike is training for the Akron Marathon in late September. He would NOT want to attempt an 18 miler alone. He says it's way better to run with someone too. I'm so impressed with you long distance runners...at this point I feel like I can barely walk. :) Maybe someday I'll complete a 5K...ha! :) Your girls are cute and I'm impressed that you are starting potty training already. Nattie is interested in the potty, but I don't think she's ready yet. Ben was 3 1/2 before he was fully trained. It's one of the parenting things you just want to be over!

A to Z said...

Hannah looks so grown up in that first pic! And Logan likes to sit on his potty fully-clothed, as well. Be sure to pass along any potty training tips you discover!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...