Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday

Olivia received some beautiful flowers from Ama and Captain today, in celebration of her adoption.
I was so glad my mom told the flower people to call before they delivered them. Right in the middle of naptime is when I got the call. Had he rung my doorbell, he would have met a very grumpy lady. In any case, the flowers came with a balloon that said "baby girl" on it. He congratulated me on my new baby. Noting my confused look, he said "Do you have a new baby?" I said, "Kind of, she's seven months old now but we'll still take the flowers."



This would be the balloon that said baby girl. This balloon provided quite some time of entertainment for Hannah and frustration for me as I had to keep getting it off the ceiling. However, it was a great time to work on Hannah's manners, saying "help please" instead of whining and "thank you" when I got it down. She does a great job with her manners and I can't help but feel a bit proud when her papa handed her something today and she said "thank you papa." Having said that, she still keeps me humble by hitting papa in the head a few minutes later when he didn't do what she wanted.





Olivia received this card in the mail from Aunt Suz, Uncle Patrick and cousin Kalen today. She liked it.


Last but not least, the big project I've been working on for the past few days. Ten dozen dinner rolls for the upcoming family Thanksgiving celebrations. We actually won't have ten dozen because every pan may have ended up with a few rolls eaten. Hannah can't get enough and I am happy to serve her fresh, piping hot, homemade whole wheat rolls.

Ok, so this is last.....I didn't notice I did this until Hannah started doing it. And now I notice that I say it all the time. When she walks into the room, or we talk, or at other random times, I say "hi baby doll." Because now when Hannah sees me she says "hi baby doll."

3 comments:

Carrie said...

love all the pictures of your girls! they are adorable.

Nathan and Nicole said...

So, so precious. Thanks for the pictures, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Kristi K said...

abs,
my heart is full as i catch up on your blog. i love the new pictures of the girls and had tears in my eyes when i read your post on liv's adoption being final. love to you all!
kristi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...