Thursday, December 30, 2010

Training - potty and misc

1. Hannah - We started potty training her yesterday morning and stopped potty training her this morning at 10am. After she failed to notify us for the second time in as many hours that she needed to go potty. She was unable to successfully put her potty in the potty. Either kind of potty. I thought we would give it a go. I'm glad we did. And Hannah is in love with her Princess Tiana panties. So much so she wore them out the outside of her pants today. And she kept pointing to them saying "princess Hannah" which is funny because I have always made sure to never call her a princess, or buy her clothes that say princess (I'm weird, it's just a thing I have).

2. Olivia - We started attention training Olivia. By that I mean this girl is a cling on and has been held all day every day for about 2 weeks. Now when she feels her body being lowered to the ground and her bottom touch the floor, she freaks. So, as mean as this sounds, we have started putting her on the floor just to let her cry. I told Matt I am seriously more nervous for this coming Monday when he goes back to school than I was the Monday he went back to school after Olivia was born. I hope we all survive.

3. Abby - I vowed as I crossed the finish line of the marathon that I would never, never, never do another one. So I decided to sign up for one again. I'm excited to start the training (although I won't start until May or June). I have a new plan this year for a much better experience.
The thought did cross my mind about the Lord's timing for our third baby. We have not yet confirmed when we will go back on the list, and it would be very hard to finish training with a newborn. Which is exactly why I decided to sign up because if there is one thing I've learned from infertility, is never stop your life for the possibility of a baby. Otherwise I never would have gone back to school, traveled to Italy or Afghanistan, or bought skinny jeans and new bras at Target.

Oh yeah, and Hannah is 23 months old today and Olivia was 8 months old yesterday. They are both still cute.

3 comments:

Christina said...

potty training will test your patience like nothing else!

Carrie said...

i'm late on posting on this blog, but we have been thinking about attempting the potty training with maggie. i think it may end in similar fashion. so wait until they are 3 and maybe it is easier or save money on diapers now, but spend WAY too much time/energy on it now ... who knows!

Abby said...

Totally agree on the princess thing. I don't have a girl, but if I did there would be zero princess calling and clothing. Ugh.

I'm in no hurry to potty train, either. It just really sounds like a pain. Maybe if we just ignore it they'll self teach?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...