You know the typical five love languages; quality time, physical touch, acts of service, words of affirmation and gifts.
I'm going to have to call Gary Chapman because Matt's love language was somehow forgotten in the above list. Watching sports, with really good seats, at a really awesome sporting event needs to be included.
Thursday morning Hannah woke up with a puffy and gooey left eye. I called our personal physician to see if it might be pink eye, and it was. So I knew by about 11am yesterday that I wasn't going to be going to work today. Poor thing had been telling me her eye hurt for a few days. As a side note, can I just say how grateful I am that all I have to do is go to my local grocery store where my pharmacy is and get some eye drops? Or actually in my case, Dr. Papa came over and personally delivered them. Do you thank the Lord every day for things like that?
Matt had a golf thing that got cancelled because of snow. Then got a phone call from a friend with three 2nd row tickets to the Big 10 tournament in Indy. Matt called me, super duper excited, asking me if I wanted to go.
Matt's parents were awesome and took the girls for their afternoon nap and an overnight and we left around 3 to drive to Indy to watch MSU v Iowa and IU v Penn State. It was awesome. Hannah watched the game from Nana and Papa's house and she could see us on tv. We had good seats.
We wore our IU tshirts under our MSU sweatshirts. The fans around us thought that was funny.
We got home around midnight.
We wouldn't have been able to do it without Hannah getting pink eye because I would not have stayed up that late if I had to work in the morning. Did I mention my love language was neglected by Mr. Chapman too? Mine is sleeping, right above acts of service.
Hannah woke up this morning with puffy and gooey right eye.
Anyway, that is Matt in a nutshell. He loves last minute road trips to sporting events with awesome seats, especially if they are free. I love people watching (and watching sports too).
That was a fun night.
1 comment:
I am starting to freak myself out over how often I check your blog for updates. I'm not going to lie. It's at least twice a day. Okay. That's a lie. It's more than that. Gah. Can we say, "intruder alert!"? I'll leave you to pull the shades now.
Post a Comment