Sunday, October 9, 2011

Choosing life

Steve Jobs has quite a story, one that for obvious reasons touches my heart (as I sit here on my PC and I really dislike my iTouch, ha).
Here is an article retelling part of his adoption story..... Steve Jobs' death, a story of life.

The part in the article that really struck me was the sentence, "There are still a lot of people like that around, only they don't get the chance to adopt because most of the inconvenient babies are destroyed."

I truly believe that if abortion were made illegal, the church would rise up and fill that need. Pray that the church gets that opportunity.

On another note, we are officially on the adoption list as of last week. Last time I said we had submitted our profile, but that does not mean we could be on the list. We have now submitted everything but our fingerprints and (hip hip hooray) we have our tax return sitting in our bank account (minus the money I just spent at Ikea yesterday, that was fantastic).

I feel somewhat awkward about sharing that because it seems to be similar to the woman who shares that her and her husband are trying to get pregnant. Which just opens them (us) up to questions about how it's going. So, I will keep you updated. If I hear something, or get a call, or we are meeting with someone, we will share when the time is right. In the meantime, we could use your prayers.

Our friends Wes and Abby have also officially begun the process of adopting another little one. Pray for them too. She is still doing her 31 days of adoption so make sure you are checking her blog out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...