Saturday, August 11, 2012

We were on vacation

We were in Michigan for a week with my family, and I don't like to advertise to the internet that we were gone. So now that we are back, and I have a softball tournament all day today, I will upload a few pictures later. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe never. I am so bad at this blogging thing these days.
Let me tell you a little about Olivia today. This kid. You should meet her. Well, you should meet both of my kids, they are awesome.

Anyway, Olivia can say "Hannah", which sounds more like "Anna" or "Nana". However, I call the girls "sister" to each other. Olivia can't say "sister" she pronounces it "deedee" which it totally cute and somewhat random.

So, we have deedee = sister; beedee = blanket; beebee = baby. Good thing I can understand her.... (this post is all over the place, I do have point...soon).

When we were in Michigan, the girls had the opportunity to sleep in separate rooms, but due to unfamiliarity, the girls opted to sleep together, in the same bed. Once I put the girls in the same room, but Hannah on a mattress on the floor and Liv in the bed and Liv started to cry "Deedee, deedee!" Hannah heard this and climbed into bed with her saying, "it's ok, Livi!" Melt my heart.

For a week straight the girls napped together and slept together at night.

We got home yesterday and when it was bedtime, both girls went down to easily (it was an exhausting vacation) at 7:30pm. At 8:30pm (I was in bed), I heard Liv weeping "Deedee" but it sounded like it was right outside my bedroom door, not in her room. I got up and ran out of my room and little tiny Liv in her princess nightgown and silky headwrap, and still with her eyes closed, was trying desperately to get into Hannah's room. It was so sweet.

I walked into Hannah's room and layed her in the twin bed beside Hannah and she promptly fell asleep.

3 comments:

Kierstin said...

sooo cute! My kids share rooms and I really think they like it!! I've even got the girls in together already and it's sweet!!

AMA said...

So they will be permanently together - so CUTE!!! Love 'em boatloads!

Nicole said...

That is just precious...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...