Saturday, March 14, 2009

It hit me....

.....that I'm exhausted. I haven't been napping. I think I should. My body hurt last night I was so exhausted. I tried to sleep in today but Hannah decided it was time to eat at 6am. I then let her know that she will not be eating until 7am (she did not like that). And then Matt got up at 7 and fed her. He woke me up at 8 by laying Hannah on me. So Hannah and I had some snuggle time where I am SURE that she smiled at me several times. And she started using her vocal skills by shouting a couple times. How adorable.
So yes, we will be using our full names now, Matt, Abby and Hannah. Not that anyone out there didn't know. We got the official call yesterday that the birth father's rights are terminated.
I joined Baby Center and they email me every week about milestones and things. At 6 weeks babies usually smile. Since the Dr's thought Hannah was a preemie, we thought it would take longer. But I was just thinking about this this morning - Hannah's birth mom is young, probably weighs under 100 pounds and we know she didn't eat all that much. I'm guessing that Hannah was not born 5-6 weeks early, but was born full term, she's just genetically tiny. That would be why she never needed oxygen, never had heart rate problems, and sucked on a bottle right away.
Speaking of her genetics. Her birth mom is about 5'7" but very very thin. Her birth grandmother is tall. And we've heard birth father is *very* tall. So Hannah may be taller then both of us. She'll make an excellent ball player, volleyball, basketball, whatever. But we won't mind if she just sticks to the piano.
It's also very exciting for me when I dress her that she's not so scrunched up/fetal position anymore. I really saw a difference this morning. She's relaxing her arms and legs, which means her feet are actually in the feet of her clothes.
Another funny thing about Hannah, she sleeps on her left side. I lay her on her back and she immediately rolls onto her left. So she won't be losing her hair on the back of her head, just on the left side of her head. That'll be cute.
And I couldn't write another post without a picture.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...