Friday, March 20, 2009

Random happenings...

1. Hannah is 7 weeks old today and I was just thinking the past 6 weeks have gone fast, and yet, I can't remember one day from the next. They all just fade into each other. As I downloaded pictures from my camera, I was thankful for the date on the file because otherwise I would have no idea when I took the pictures. She is continuing to grow and get more alert every day. She is taking fewer naps too, which is kind of fun.
She is also continuing to sleep pretty well. We put her down at about 9pm and she'll sleep pretty consistantly until about 2 or 3am. Then we get up at 6am for the day.
I'm not sure how to get her to sleep through the night. Is this something she'll just do on her own? Will she continue to wake up at 2am and I'll just have to deny her a feeding? Should she be sleeping through the night soon?
2. My mom was able to come this past weekend and bring me tons of gifts from the girls in her Bible study. Most of whom do not know me! I'm so thankful for their generosity.
3. As my returning to work gets closer and closer, I feel a need to get some things done. I will be returning to work Mondays and Thursdays from 1-7pm starting April 9th.
4. Also, I am looking for a babysitter. We've been praying that someone will come along that is a Christian, reliable and only babysits maybe a couple other kids. I am also adament about NO tv for Hannah until she's 5 and she is on a very strict schedule. So I need to find someone controlling like me:) Any of you reading this, will you be willing to pray this with us? Thanks.
5. We got new carpet installed yesterday. Our house smells new! Our small group tore out our old smelly carpet on Wednesday night (thank you so much!) and Matt and I spent 4 hours in the basement yesterday while the carpet people were here. We had it installed throughout so much of our house, we just wanted to stay out of the way. Matt had decided to take one of his last two paternity days and we spent the morning watching the last season of Arrested Development (highly, highly underrated show) and then the afternoon watching the NCAA tournament. I'm not in last with my bracket by the way. The carpet looks great, we are very pleased.
6. And finally.....All baby books extol the virtues of breast milk. Don't get me wrong, I would enjoy feeding Hannah free food. But she has been on formula since the day she was born (obviously). She is so bright eyed and healthy. She has had no ear infections, no colds, nothing. I don't have to deal with the foods I eat affecting her. I know how much she eats each feeding. I know if she's fussy whether she should be hungry or not. I have been made to feel that formula will turn my child into a sick, dumb, fat kid. Even if I were ever to get pregnant, I may choose formula over breastfeeding. We love formula!
And now, for some pictures....



In my pack n play. It's in the sunroom and it gets so warm and cozy in here. I love it!















I'm little. Still wearing newborn clothing.
















I like that orange fish. And my swing. And being naked.
















I also like daddy feeding me. I look like a big girl! Although that's still a preemie onesie.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, I had to comment on #1. My biggest mistake as a first-time mom was viewing 'sleeping through the night' as a milestone... as though when a baby does that, it will last forever. I think it took me 2 years to realize that every month (or week or night!) could bring something different... so don't spend too much time daydreaming about this or getting frustrated. My strategy with my 2nd was to take it one night at a time... and I have found myself much more relaxed!!! :) Btw, love the new hair color :) And... how can I leave a comment w/out saying Hannah is such a doll...!

Christina said...

she is already 7 weeks old! holy smokes!!! i feel like you just brought her home. it is funny about what you say about formula. i think too many people have no idea how far formula has come. good luck with the babysitter! finding caregivers gets stressful particulary since you do have odd hours and a strict schedule. you will find a great match! i can't believe that hannah is rolling over. that is really early!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...