Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm going to need a vacation

So we were in Arizona for a few days (we've discussed this). We came home in time to repack and head to Ohio for a funeral. We came home again in time to repack and head to Michigan for a vacation. I had today to recover (read: clean and organize, get groceries, parent and take a freakin nap) and I have a really long day at work tomorrow.

Michigan memories which may or may not be further discussed:

Matt, Abby, Hannah and Olivia all slept in one small room with a bunk bed and a pack n play. It was much better than I expected.

Badminton

Hannah pooped outside in the neighbor's yard (so brother Jeb ran inside yelling "Code Brown" to Matt because I was grilling the veggies for dinner and Hannah needed some.....uhh....help.)

Hannah asked Ama and Uncle Wade for gum about 324 times each day.

The time Hannah went missing at 6pm, I was on the verge of panic and we found her sleeping in her bed.

Hannah handed my brother Wade a book and said, "Can you read?" Wade said yes and Hannah said, "Ok, I'll have my mom read this to me." And she snatched the book away and gave it to me.

Hannah chucked her baby doll down the steps and looked at her cousin Liberty (Biddy Rose) holding her baby doll and said, "Biddy Rose... do it." Biddy Rose did it.

Hannah, Olivia and Liberty loved lake Michigan. The sand, the water, the boats, the digging.

We had a wonderful time. (Also, I bought a chair (or three) which may or may not lead to a big long post on what might be an unhealthy obsession I have with flea market furniture).

I have pictures from Michigan to look at and post. I have about five loads of laundry folded on the bed that need put away. I still need to clean up the kitchen, I need to do some internet stuff. I need to pack the girls bag for the baby sitter and heaven knows I need to get to bed in a bad way.

I'm sorry you are still reading this.

1 comment:

Christina said...

doesn't it always seem you need a vacation from a vacation.
makenna has a bad habit of peeing in my parents backyard. first, she is with all boys and they all do it. and second she pees like a boy. goodness. kids influences are really bad.
that is great yall still got a vacation together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...