Olivia had a well baby check up today. We haven't been there since she was nine months old! She was 22.7lbs (25%), 31.5in long (50%) and her head was in the 30th %. I surprised she was that tall. 12 month pants are all too long, so maybe she just has short legs.
Her pedi asked if she was saying 10-20 words! She says one word consistently, "mama." All the rest of the words she can repeat, or has said once or twice.
Once again, we got a referral to First Steps (for speech therapy). Hannah needed First Steps (for physical therapy) because she wasn't crawling.
Then I asked about Olivia's strange looking gait and he confirmed that yep, it's weird (she toe walks along with a weird hip flexion and lacks full knee extension). And yet another referral to First Steps (physical therapy). Actually he said something about an ortho specialist visit.
Then I guess we forgot to get her CBC and lead screen at 12 months (because we skipped that visit).
So all in all, my kids enjoy being behind in many aspects and I'm a loser mom and hopefully Liv hasn't been gnawing on windowsills full of lead paint.
Just to compare, Hannah at 18 months was 21.4lbs (10%) 31.25in long (50%). So in case you can't do math, my children, who are completely DNA unrelated are almost exact in height and weight. Hannah weighed 1.3lbs less and was .25in shorter. As a side note here, I am still amazed that their skin color is so similar. My two brothers and I all have very different skin tones (obviously we are genetically related). Yet my girls' skin tone is almost exact. I just find all this quite incredible.
Also, I worked this afternoon and needed to google "toe walking" and of course it's related to all sorts of neuro dysfunctions.
I am truly not worried.
I won't call First Steps until Liv's at least two. So let's get this girl saying some words and walking correctly!
2 comments:
Both of Jayme's kids are/were toe walkers. They r fine but had serious calves! That is so crazy that your kids r so alike. Btw have u done dave Ramsey?
My son is 2/12 and is very selective in speaking and let's words slip sometimes, but is considered "behind"...I wasn't real worried because my daughter was the same way...I am not real worried yet but the doc wants him to go to therapy if he doesn't improve in a few months...we'll see. Mother's intuition is usually the best.
Post a Comment