That's the end of the story.
The beginning goes something like this.
Three weeks ago, I visited a small store about 25 minutes north of us. I had a babysitter and I didn't want to go grocery shopping so I thought I would check out Possibilities knowing I would find good stuff, but also knowing I probably wouldn't buy anything.
I am typically not one who can buy something the first time they see it, unless I am so so so sure and/or I know I can return it.
Hannah needs a bookcase in her room (well, she has a basket for books now, which is completely fine, so she doesn't really need anything).
I have a cute side table (from Possibilities) in my sitting room that would work for a bedside table/bookshelf combo for her room.
I thought I would buy a new side table and give Hannah my current side table.
I didn't buy any of the many adorable side tables because (again) I just can't impulse buy, especially something over $4.99 (that's my impulse buy cut off limit).
Sunday (three weeks later), I finally came to the conclusion I did indeed want the green side table that I saw, but there was a good chance it was already sold because I know their stuff moves quickly.
Matt and I have been updating our budget. We can't afford the side table. We are, again, in need of some tightening of our belts here and I haven't been getting many hours at work (which is fine with me, I'd rather be with my kids anyway (but I LOVE my job just in case co-workers are reading this:)).
We are putting a lot of money aside for adoption (please Lord, soon?) and we are going to start paying more on our house to get rid of our mortgage sooner (this is all probably too much info, but I'm just giving you all the background).
Sunday night I asked Possibilities on FB if they still had the table. They did.
I called today to see if they still had the table.
Me: This is Abby, I asked you on facebook about the sage green side table. I was wondering if you still had it.
Lady from Possibilities: Yes we do.
Me: Ok. I love it, but I don't think I can buy it. I was just wondering and I'll call you back again soon. (Start thinking, maybe I can get my husband to buy it for me for Mother's Day.)
Lady: Well, someone came in this morning and bought it for you.
Me: Silence. Ummm, my name is Abby. Do you have the right person? (Wondering if my mother in law did this, but knowing that she was babysitting my girls and probably didn't take them to Auburn especially since they had been throwing up yesterday afternoon/evening (that's a fun story)).
Lady: Yep. Someone saw it on facebook and came in this morning and bought it for you. You just have to come pick it up.
Me: Whoa. Ok. That's unexpected. Thank you very much. I can't wait to start rearranging furniture.
So, I don't know who it was. And whoever it was, if you read my blog, thanks.
And when I say "thanks" I mean, "wow, that's humbling" and "someone likes me?" and "what a blessing" and "I'm still shocked" and "why?" and "thanks" and "THANKS". Wow.
6 comments:
what a wonderful story abby!! excited for you to get the table!
I need to start posting more stuff on facebook! That's awesome! Can't wait to see it!
Bummer that your girls are sick...hope they are feeling better today.
What a great story. Praise the Lord!
Wow. But I'm not surprised. I have often found that when I am being fiscally responsible and a good steward of what I've been given, I end up receiving things I want in unexpected ways. God's good like that. And so are friends/family/strangers with generous hearts. Picture??
Yeah that's awesome. Wish it had been me. :)
that is such a cool story! i wonder who did that!
Post a Comment