Thursday, November 18, 2010

#298

This is post #298. I'm going to have to think of something super special for post #300. Or I will ignore it. We shall see how inspired I become in the next few days.
However, #298 is going to be pretty darn special. In honor of National Adoption Month, I want to link to another blog that has some pretty amazing ideas for supporting orphans, as we the church are called to do.
Here is the link. Now, I have to tell you that I did not get permission from this blogger, but I am assuming she won't mind. Also, I've read her blog for a while and, while I think she says some great stuff, I don't want you to assume that I am endorsing everything she writes.
The girls are napping early today because they are both sick. And today I think I came upon the reason why I am infertile. Because when my children are clingy and have massive separation anxiety and I can't get things done like just putting the dishes in the dishwasher, and their cries grate on me and don't melt my heart with compassion, I know that I am infertile because had I given birth to kids whenever I wanted, I would not have the gratefulness, gentleness, and patience for them that I can have now.
So maybe that's not the reason, but there is no question that I am a different mother than I would have been five years ago when we first started trying for a family.

1 comment:

A to Z said...

I agree with your thoughts about being a different mother since things didn't come so easy. Talk about appreciation. I totally get it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...