Friday, April 13, 2012

Fire in a can!

I don't burn too many candles, but I found one the other day and set it on the counter. Hannah looked at it and said, "Mom, light the fire, I like fire!" So I lit the candle. Hannah was mesmerized by it for a few minutes until papa walked in the door. When he walked in she shouted, "Papa, fire in a can!"
That phrase has been ringing in my head and I keep wanting to shout it myself. It's a fun phrase and makes me laugh.

Today is going to be a very exciting day. First of all, it started off right with me actually getting out of bed in good time. That always starts my day right (but that's hard to remember from the comfort of my bed).
Then this morning, I am going with our neighbor to a local walking path and Hannah and her little boy are going to ride bikes while I push Liv in the stroller (that girl is obsessed with the stroller and literally cries when she sees it).
Anyway, it's the simple things, right?


My pictures arrived last week and I finally found frames. This artist is Becky Kinkead and I initally found her at a Target store, but Target was charging $40 per canvas (although they were huge). But I don't have $80 to spend on kids art. So I found it online from art.com. I bought posters for $5.99 and framed them for $40.





Hannah was so excited when I showed them to her. I really love them.

So if you are looking for kids art, or art in general that isn't so...ummm.....white....check out art.com. They had a pretty awesome selection.

2 comments:

Ama said...

I really like the pictures. And "fire in a can"! Maybe when you all come here, we can have a 'bonfire' in the back yard. Think they'd like that?

the deKorne family said...

I haven't checked blogs in way too long...but I have to say these things: 1)i will do better because i've missed your girls who i don't know but love :) 2)love what a great disciplinarian you are! we did vinegar in a syringe and now I use vinegar all the time for stuff and ava is always wary. :) 3)yay for a beautiful vacation! so glad y'all got away and your girls are precious and i want to look like you in a bathing suit when i grow up. 4)fire in a can is awesome and so are those pictures!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...